Art in Public to feature John Henry’s “Je Souhaite”
The Swiss publishing company Braun will be releasing a new coffee table book featuring art in public places in April 2011. At the request of a German editorial office, John submitted several of his monumental pieces to be selected for publication. Miami’s “Je Souhaite” will be one of the 500 pieces included in the 1024 page book Art in Public, which spans 2000 years of public art.
“Symphony in Red” makes book cover in Germany
In 2010, German publishing company Freundeskreis Hannover e.V. released a book featuring public sculpture in Hannover, Germany. John’s piece “Symphony in Red” made the cover of the collection titled “Mitten im Verkehr” which translates to “In the middle of traffic.” “Symphony in Red” was commissioned by the city of Hannover, Germany in 2000. With monumental dimensions of 75’ H x 80’L x 40’D, “Symphony in Red” is situated in the median of a busy throughway and guides traffickers through the streets of Hannover.
- Art Nouveau Gallery Exhibition Mostly Red
- Silo Point Exhibit in Baltimore
- New Structure Unveiled at Opening
- John Henry featured in new publications
- Book Release
- Cypress Corners
- "BIG" Documentary Preview
- "BIG" Project makes Baltimore Sun
- "The Peninsula Project" Wins Telly Award!
- Introducing: "Torque", "Star" and "Cambium"
- “Songbird”- Monumental Commission in Seattle, Washington
- Opening of STRUCTURES at Kelley Roy Gallery
- Peninsula Project Announced
- John Henry in Europe
- John Henry featured in US Airways: Profile on Chattanooga, TN
- Neu Luzerner Zeitung
- Chicago Home - March/April 2007
- Vancouver outdoor sculptures on auction block
- In the City
- PNC Odyssey 2006-07 Sculpture Show Debuts
Subscribe to Our NewsGrab our RSS Feed
- Studio Staff